Best of Greece (22nd June – 1st July 2022)from
From the ancient monuments to the beautiful Islands, this is once-in-life-time vacation to Greece with Get Away Friends Group
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
Visit to the World-famous Acropolis,
Stroll along the cobblestone streets, drink in the view in Santorini.
Visit Mykonos, Greece’s most famous cosmopolitan island with its seafront village, sandy beaches, and whitewashed houses.
Wander through the picturesque alleys and narrow streets; relax at a waterfront café.
- Hotel accommodation as specified above or similar
- Daily breakfast
- 1 Lunch and 1 dinner as specified in the itinerary
- Wine tasting in Santorini
- All sightseeing and transfers using air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to Acropolis Archaeological Site, Acropolis Museum, Sounio Archaeological Site (Temple of Poseidon) Akrotiri Archaeological Site, Delos Archaeological Site.
- Services of English-speaking local guides all through the tour
- Ferry tickets Piraeus – Santorini in economy class with assigned seats
- Speed boat tickets Santorini – Mykonos – Piraeus in economy class with assigned seats.
- 1 small bottle of water (0.50lt) per person per day
- Return airfare from Los Angeles [Please check pricing for different departure cities]
- All other meals
- All other transport
- All other sightseeing
- Drinks and beverages during the meals
- Porterage at the hotels
- Gratuities to driver, tourist guides, etc.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic and other beverages, telephone calls and laundry
- Travel Insurance [For insurance details please click (GET AWAY FREINDS’ Greece GROUP INSURANCE DETAILS) [Note – Please refer to page 2 for Cancel For Any Reason – ( Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) is travel insurance coverage that reimburses up to 75% of Non-Refundable Trip cost. The lesser of 75% of the amount prepaid for the trip or up to the maximum of $20,000) if you have to cancel your trip for any reason not listed in the standard coverage.]
- The above rates do not include the additional stayover tax (city tax), The stayover tax is to be paid directly by the clients to each hotel –upon check in–. Hotels are allowed to refuse the check in to the clients, if they do not pay the tax. Amounts as follows:
- 5* Hotels à 4,00 euros per room per night
- 4* Hotels à 3,00 euros per room per night
- 3* Hotels à 1,50 euros per room per night
- Visa Fees
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Optional tours, dinners
Day 1 - 22 June, 2022
Today board your flight to Athens. Enjoy in-flight meals and entertainment on board.
Day 2 - 23 June, 2022
Athens Arrival [-/-/-]
Upon arrival in Athens, our representative will meet you and assist you with your transportation to Hotel.
Once you have settled in and freshened up, we suggest making your way to the nearby Plaka, at the foot of the Acropolis, where you can have your first taste of the real Athens. There are also plenty of traditional restaurants and tavernas in the area in which you can find dinner and traditional Greek dancing
Overnight in Athens.
Day 3 - 24 June, 2022
Travel back in time to the thriving empire of ancient Greece on a full-day tour of Athens led by an expert guide. The Athens full-day tour depart for a photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally Acropolis (including also Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Areopagus). Stroll up to the UNESCO-listed site that served as the ancient citadel and tour the buildings as you hear how they reflected Athens’ prosperity in the 5th century BC.
Continue the expert guided Athens sightseeing and Acropolis museum one day tour with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the Acropolis Museum. Avoid and skip the lines of the new museum. Main attractions such as votives, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you. After a morning tour full of images continue in a local restaurant under the slopes of Acropolis for lunch. After lunch depart for a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to Cape Sounion. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect lazy afternoon tour destination. The Cape’s Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the sea. The view across the Aegean is magnificent with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffiti left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s. the precipice is a sheer 197-foot drop to the sea. Post tour return to the hotel.
The rest of the is yours to do as you please. You could go back to the Plaka for some more wandering and shopping. Maybe find some dinner in one of Athens may international restaurants – you have endless choices ahead of you
Overnight in Athens
Day 4 - 25 June, 2022
Athens - Santorini [B/-/-]
We depart Athens and cruise to Santorini, the Eden-like island where blue-domed rooftops and gentle ocean waves complement the bright white buildings and rocky hillsides. A picturesque landscape and iconic destination, Santorini’s charms reveal themselves during your 2-night stay, where we’ll spend the next day exploring the island’s dramatic beauty. Stroll through the volcanic island’s quaint clifftop towns. Blue-domed whitewashed façades cling dramatically to the multi-colored cliffs providing a spectacular backdrop for exquisite sunsets
Overnight in Santorini
Optional – Join your companions this evening for a memorable meal of Greek cuisine à USD 65 per person, including transportation from the hotel to the restaurant and back to the hotel.
Day 5 - 26 June, 2022
Uncover the past at Akrotiri, an ancient city buried and preserved in volcanic ash that is commonly referred to as the ”Minoan Pompeii.” Take a peek into the 15th century BC and explore the town. Head through a landscape of vineyards and volcanic cliffs to Oia, a seaside village with the island’s best viewpoints. Next, visit a local winery and enjoy the famous wines of Santorini. The rest of the afternoon is yours to relax and explore more of this Mediterranean gem.
Overnight in Santorini
Day 6 - 27 June, 2022
Santorini - Mykonos [B/-/-]
We take a short ferry transfer to Mykonos – its characteristic hillside windmills overlook the beautiful bay and stand as an enduring greeting to all who arrive. Arrive in Mykonos and proceed to explore the most fabulous island of the Aegean Sea with the blue sky, the beautiful sugar houses and the amazing beaches. Start with a walking tour in the morning and walk around the narrow white-washed streets of Mykonos Town. You will have many chances to take photographs, as in the morning the town is very quiet. You will see the lovely churches, the tiny shops, Little Venice, the traditional windmills and Peter the Pelican, the mascot of Mykonos.
After exploring the town on foot, we continue by bus to see the inner landscape of Mykonos with the white houses and the lovely chapels. Our next visit is Ano Mera, the second largest village on the island. There you can visit the Monastery of Panagia Tourliani, built in the 16th century. Next stop is Kalafatis beach, where you will have time to relax with a coffee (not included in price) before getting back to town.
Overnight in Mykonos
Day 7 - 28 June, 2022
Mykonos - Delos - Mykons [B/-/-]
Morning our tour begins at the port of Mykonos, where we will set sail for the nearby island of Delos, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and also known as the sacred island where the Greek mythological gods Artemis and Apollo were born. Once we arrived on the island, and together with our official guide, we entered one of the most important spiritual centers of the ancient Greeks. On this island inhabited since 3000 a.c. impressive sanctuaries, temples, residences and even a theater were built to mention only the most notable monuments. During your walk you will be able to observe and understand in detail the influence of the Roman conquest, through the Roman market and the statues of the Naxos Lions (sculptures in the shape of a feline that honored the God Apollo) and that today are the symbol of the island. Then and after visiting the many ancient wonders of the islands, among which we highlight ”the House of the Dolphins”, ”The Temple of Isis”, the cisterns and Roman baths, we will continue to the museum in which they stand out for their beauty a great collection of mosaics and sculptures without equal. After the visit, free time and return to the Port of Mykonos at approximately 13:30. Spend rest of the day at leisure.
Day 8 - 29 June, 2022
Day at leisure in Mykonos to enjoy this unique island (No services booked) . Mykonos island is a wonderful kaleidoscope of cosmopolitan shops, rocking bars, quaint windmills, great beaches, homey taverns and hidden churches all set against a brilliant blue backdrop. And it’s not just the water that sparkles in the sun on Mykonos, but also the marble streets and beautiful white cubist buildings that characterize the island’s architecture.
Overnight in Mykonos
Day 9 - 30 June, 2022
Mykonos - Athens [B/-/D]
We return to Athens, via a high-speed ferry. After being transferred to your hotel, you have free time for some last-minute souvenir shopping.
Athens truly comes alive at night and so we invite you to join us for an evening of fairy-tale wanderings around the most iconic neighborhoods of the city ending with a delicious light dinner of Greek mezedes
Overnight in Athens
Day 10 - 01 July, 2022
Athens Departure [B/-/-]
Begin your last day in Athens with breakfast. Then, at the appropriate time, you will be picked up and transferred to Athens International airport for your return flight home.
END OF SERVICES
(Note that at most hotels, the international standard for the check-out time is 11:00 Am. Should you depart later, baggage may be stored at the hotel. A late check-out depends on availability and may be subject to additional charges).
Deposit: Non-Refundable deposit US$ 150 per person in Twin Sharing
Deposit Date : 28th Feb 2021
Full Balance: By 91 Days before departure (04th May, 2022)
Virtually everything! Hotels, most meals, all of the activities described in the itinerary pages, airport transfers and local guides. Experience and professional Tour Directors and local guides will be with you every step of the way, ensuring a worry free vacation.
Prices do not include any other meals that is not specified in the tour price inclusions, gratuities and tips to Driver, Guides, Tour Director, baggage fees, phones, all items of a personal nature, food and beverages during the meals, not on the regular menu
A well paced and unhurried itinerary is our goal, after all, you are on vacation! Touring days begin and end at reasonable hours and include frequent stops. While the occasional early morning departure is necessary, we do our best to ensure a leisurely vacation
Considering the Covid-19 conditions, we will be limiting the passenger capacity to 30 passengers per departure.
We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. Travel insurance is widely available to purchase. It is the personal responsibility of each traveler to ensure that they have adequate travel insurance cover. Please read the policy details carefully. It is each traveler’s personal responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover purchased is suitable and adequate for their particular needs. Voyages Hub will not be responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the failure to comply with the responsibility of providing for adequate travel insurance cover.
Please contact Jean to Purchase your Travel Protection –
[For insurance details please click (GET AWAY FRIENDS’ CANADA TOUR INSURANCE DETAILS)
[Note – (Please refer to page 2 for Cancel For Any Reason – (CFAR) is travel insurance coverage that reimburses up to 75% of Non-Refundable Trip Cost. The lesser of 75% of the amount pre-paid for the trip up to the maximum of $20,000) if you have to cancel your trip for any reason not listed in the standard coverage.]
- Cancellations with 91 days or more prior to departure-full refund, (non-refundable deposit & the cost of trip cancellation & interruption insurance is retained),
- Between 90 and 45 days 50% is retained,
- Between 45 and 31 days 85% is retained,
- 30 days or less, or no show 100% of the package price is retained.
- Note: A person becoming a single as a result of the roommate’s cancellation must pay the single supplement.
We use hotels that are closely monitoring COVID-19 updates and adhering to the guidelines that are set by the National Health Organization and WHO. Along with the Government directions are preparing to safely reopen and accept guests with thorough precautionary standards set in place, to ensure a safe, healthy and welcoming environment!
Cleanliness and hygiene standards at hotels are of high importance and they have implemented additional measures that meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning, to ensure the safety of our guests and team daily. The hotels are using cleaning & environmentally friendly products and protocols that are effective against viruses. They are conducting enhanced training and corona virus awareness, updating our team in response to the new standards COVID -19 has set for our well-being, onward
A post signage on entrance door that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19 will be permitted in the hotel Public spaces. They will perform cleaning and disinfection in all public spaces with increased frequency; Hand sanitizers have been placed at all areas and team facilities including lobby, dining outlets and reception desk, bathrooms and offices. The hotels will provide surgical masks and gloves to guests and staff according to the new guidelines . Designated signage at all public areas, notifying guests of keeping social distance, wearing masks, use hand sanitizers.
Elevators, must be used by one passenger at a time, or guests sharing the same room. Still, we encourage you to use the stairs.
Rooms. Key prevention protocols are followed to clean the rooms with particular attention paid to high touch items. A rigorous cleaning after guest depart and before the next arrival. More detailed information is provided in each room
Back of House. Screening of all teams, in each shift before entering the Hotel, for symptoms to Immediately exclude anyone. In the spaces where Hotels team is working we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices
The hotels will ensure to follow Food Safety Policies as well with daily cleaning and disinfection of the kitchen and other food preparation areas, surfaces, proper cooking and storage of food and hygiene practices.
(Please visit individual Hotel Website for Covid-19 related information)
Our suppliers use transport companies, those have implemented to enhance hygiene protocols, to comply with physical distancing requirements by relevant government authorities and to give you peace of mind when you are travelling during these new times.
Following the outbreak of COVID-19, the transport companies have taken additional measures to elevate our hygiene and sanitary practices in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and as required, applicable government regulations.
The Driver training provides them with the latest hygiene protocols. They will clean and disinfect all surfaces including handrails, door handles, tables, seats, air-conditioning filters and overhead lockers on a daily basis.
All our guests are asked to follow hygiene practices recommended by the World Health Organisation including the thorough and regular washing of hands and sanitizing when required.
Hand sanitizer will be available on board for your use throughout the day.
Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves with you, and additional hand sanitizer to make you feel comfortable, as these will be required to be worn in public in some countries.
Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays and wipes will be available for guest distribution on all trips.
The health and safety of our passengers and employees is our top priority. As questions and concerns arise as a result of COVID-19, our group of companies has taken a number of precautionary measures to provide the highest level of protection for our customers and team.
Our COVID-19 measures include:
- The vehicles interiors are completely cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Drivers now perform a thorough cleaning of the vehicle’s interior surfaces with disinfectant wipes between each trip.
- Drivers have been issued protective disposable rubber gloves and masks.
- With the exception of dispatcher, office staff are now working remotely, from home.
- All employees have been instructed to self monitor, self isolate and seek immediate medical attention if they show any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Under no circumstance will we allow sick employees to report for work.
At this time we don’t know what the exact future effects of Covid-19 will be on tourism in Greece. We hope that all attractions and hotels included in this offer will reopen and will continue to operate in 2021 but we may have to look for alternatives where this is not the case and we do appreciate your flexibility. We also do not know if social distancing restrictions will continue and so reserve the right to limit numbers on coaches and review prices if appropriate if these restrictions are applied by the governments.
Covid-19 Reschedule: Your tour qualifies from a reschedule to a future date based on government advisories. A mutually agreed date with the tour leader will be announced and all the deposits will be retained for future travel for the same trip.
- In order to enter, U.S. and Canadian citizens need a valid passport with an expiration date extending at least six months beyond the date of reentry.
- We recommend having at least one blank passport page for entry stamps.
- There is no visa required for U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact each country’s consulate for your specific entry requirements.
- Please note that our travelers are limited to one checked bag and one carry-on bag per person due to storage limitations on motor coaches and other transfers, which may include train connections or flights.
- Contact your airline(s) for baggage size and weight restrictions for your flights, which may include on-tour flights in addition to your round-trip flights to and from tour. Please note that your included on-tour flights may have more restrictive baggage limits.
- Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage or exceed baggage size and weight restrictions. Be advised that you are responsible for any baggage fees incurred on all flights.
- Make sure you label your baggage and keep valuables, medication, and documents in your carry-on bag.
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket or rainwear.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- You may want to pack dressier attire if you plan to visit a high-end restaurant or attend a special performance.
- It is preferable not to visit churches or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- There are no major health risks associated with traveling to any of the countries on this tour.
- At least 60 days prior to departure, check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and entry requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- Please note that codeine (commonly found in headache medications) is banned in Greece, and you may face prosecution if you bring it into the country.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Voyages Hub at least 30 days prior to your departure by logging in to your account and updating your traveler info. To update this information closer to your departure date, please call our Customer Experience Team.
- Greece’s warm climate ensures a constant supply of fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables. Salads served with aromatic olive oil, feta cheese, and oregano are plentiful. Simple grilled fish and meat are integral to Greek cuisine, as well as squid and octopus. Don’t miss the spinach and cheese pies, called spanakopita.
- On the tour extension, Roman food is typically freshly prepared and varies depending on the season. Must-try bites include cacio e pepe (a simple dish of pasta, cheese, and pepper) and supplí (a fried rice ball similar to Sicily’s arancini).
- For more authentic meals on the tour extension, try local trattorias, small restaurants set away from the main piazzas. A typical Italian meal includes wines and the occasional beer, followed by a few sips of after-dinner drinks like grappa or limoncello.
- Greece operates on the European standard 220-240 volts and use Types C, E, or F plugs with two small, round pins.
- We recommend packing a universal adapter, as well as a voltage converter if you plan on using your own hairdryer or other device without a built-in converter.
- The strength of the air conditioning in European hotels is often not as strong or as cool as what you might be used to in the U.S. or Canada. When air conditioning is available, it is usually regulated seasonally and controlled centrally by the hotel.
- Your hotels may provide hairdryers, irons, and other small appliances. However, these amenities cannot be guaranteed.
- Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, though some charges may apply.
- There is no Wi-Fi on any of the motor coaches.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- Greece is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and seven hours ahead of Eastern Time (ET).
- When it’s noon in New York, it’s 7pm in Greece (and 6pm in Italy on the tour extension).
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your Tour Director and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $7USD to $10USD per person per day for your Tour Director and the equivalent of $3USD per person per day for your driver.
- If applicable, we also recommend the equivalent of $2USD per local guide.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
- You will use the euro on this tour.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
Voyages Hub reserves the right to levy a surcharge commensurate to the fuel increase at the time of operation of this movement.